Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Former Nuance Employees - Don't take it personally - former POC

Posted: Jul 18th, 2018 - 11:42 am

I know it is really hard not to be angry and blame yourself for maybe not perfect metrics but the truth is, Nuance has had this in the works for years.  They call it the 90/10 Initiative.  They have been planning for over 5 years now to get 90% of the work to their multimilllion dollar facility in India and when they started it, some people sued and won the there is the Federal Trade Act against them for intentionally sending American jobs offshore.  To get around that, they decided to use the onshore vendors as the middleman at least temporarilly.  We have to remind ourselves, it has nothing to do with us or our quality or our production, honestly, we are just pawns in the coroporate game no matter how good we are.  It is just a crappy company.  I have not investigated personally yet but I know of others who have really benefited by using the Trade Act to be able to go back to school and one lady who was a widow actually got her unemployment extended as well.   

Here is the link to check it out. 

https://www.doleta.gov/tradeact/petitioners/taadecision.cfm?taw=93548

Good luck all!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)