Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 48)

Go straight to your DOL unemployment office - with your written details

Posted: Jul 18th, 2018 - 8:27 am In Reply to: Noon call telling us we will be laid off in the future... - gamanon

If you are not already, you should be able to get on partial unemployment because of the professed reduction in work, and it is worth it just in case you encounter OOWs.

Originally when my work started diminishing (I was laid off yesterday) I didn't even try to get partial UE, but when I realized how low the work was I realized there was no way I could survive on 10 hours' work per week, even if my line counts were better - also, if you make one error and you are only working 10 hours, look out paycheck.

At the end I would just do my OOW protocol every day and file for UE - actually hoping to not get work (NYS goes by days, not hours, and that is very bad when you get 15 minutes work every morning then nothing, something which is typical in MT).

Some weeks I would have maybe 10 hours, some weeks 2 hours, others none, so it does help, and it would benefit you to apply before your hours go way down so your determination is fair.

Maybe in some states you can be referred to the TAA administrator and based on the wording of whatever Nuance gives you you may be able to begin training before being terminated and/or get the Health Care Tax Credit which helps with health insurance premiums.

In my state I was told I need to be terminated first, but I did not have any proof that I would be laid off within a certain time frame, just the fact I was getting very little work which got me sympathy but no actual help.

You can bet I am now waiting for a letter from DOL confirming I am part of this TAA certification and I can seek the benefits. Then you have to send it back straight away.

If you still have had more than half your hours of work for awhile, expect that to decrease sharply as they offload the accounts to contractors, so it would be in your interest to register with UE when your income is still half decent otherwise you will end up with UE based on part time work or even lower, so the sooner you can get registered the better.

Even if you still get like 30 hours out of 40, in most states you can get some UE for that missing 10 hours and it's better to do it sooner rather than later or your weekly monetary determination will be low. Don't get me wrong, UE at the highest payment is not great even, but I wish I had realized what was happening sooner since my determination was based on more like 20 hours a week since I thought (idiotically) the work would come back eventually and did not seek partial UE until I was only getting like half my hours.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)