Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I Would - Suggest

Posted: Jul 18th, 2018 - 6:38 am In Reply to: How much should a transcriptionist earn? - sm

that the pay you receive is pretty good, considering all the aspects these days. However, that is what YOU earn and you don't mention how long you have been with this particular facility. First off, for the newcomers, I would base their hourly pay a bit lower and let them advance with seniority, just like it used to be in the older days. As they get more experienced with the hospital and the work, if the quality is good and their production is good, they will earn better hourly wages. Their attitudes should also play a part...are they always on time; are they agreeable and not antagonistic or argumentative; do they do their share of the work load; etc. Then one should consider that the nighttime people should have a "shift differential" paying a bit more, say $18.00 an hour for a seasoned employee, but also starting them out at a lower rate if they are new to the company, the quality of their work etc. These are just suggestions based on the way things used to be done with any employees. Good luck, and I really envy your position!! Wish they all operated this way. :-)

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)