Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Layoff emails - Mtgone

Posted: Jul 17th, 2018 - 1:52 am

I was laid off in the April “reduction in workforce” and the email I received was the earlier morning mandatory conference call. It also suggested logging in 20 minutes early. Actual call was probably about 5 minutes long and then they were done. Twice before I had gotten the email for afternoon call on which we were told that those of us who were still there were “the best of the best” which of course I apparently stopped being since I got laid off in April!! LOL ๐Ÿ˜‚. I never believed that best of the best line and thought the line about we needed to show compassion toward those who had gotten laid off was misdirected since the company was who should have been showing compassion and could have been showing compassion to those laid off. Crazy. 

Just an an encouraging word for those who do get laid off this time — I’m 69 years old and have been admitted to a college to study for an associate degree in applied science (a 2 year course) in health information technology to become a medical coder using the TRA program for which I qualified. I start the end of August. At first I was pretty apprehensive because of my age but the person at the job center who handles the TRA program and the liaison people at the college have been wonderful and incredibly helpful during this process. I’ve registered for my fall semester classes and most of them sound very interesting and I’m getting excited about this new phase of my journey. Oh, I am also able to take all the classes online! 

I hope all of you find relief from the incredible pressure and stress and poor treatment you’ve experienced and find something that you can enjoy again. If I had been able financially to just retire I would have but that was not to be for me at this time. Sorry for the length of this and any spelling errors you might find. Hold your heads up high ladies!!  

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)