Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I think the main problem now is work running out - this seems to be everywhere

Posted: Jul 16th, 2018 - 11:28 am In Reply to: Patient First is just as bad as MTSOs - Fiasco

I know it's awful to say this, but I could live with the lousy pay of $6-8/hr if I could get 50 hours, but it looks like even with that terrible pay from contractors, they are still running out of work and $6/hr for 20 hours is really not enough for anyone to live on.

As far as Australia, I used to live in that part of the world so I know there is a real slowdown after Christmas, which is their summer holidays - and they really mean holidays over there! Like at least a month of it being very very slow. So I think that could be very tricky if you are IC and probably I would have to plan for that drought.

But, they would hardly sign you up for a full time job and then give you less than 10 hours a week without explanation and really drag their feet to lay you off, which is my current situation.

My main problem with Patient First would be I prefer acute care, not clinic stuff. I have done that in the past too and I find it incredibly boring, also it is rare the dictators keep everything the same each visit - they tend to change little bitty things in each PE for example, which means it is hard to use a text expander effectively as you are always having to change the order or some other miniscule change.

But I would definitely take a job there if offered, mainly because of the full time hours and not having to be IC. I have applied but never heard, yet anyway. I may be too old (almost 60). I also would have a few issues with flying to VA since it seems like some kind of ridiculous reality show where they are trying to set you up to fail on the second test for some reason. After all this experience with a big MTSO, I don't need any more anxiety thank you. Also, I don't drive.

Good luck to you finding something better. You're right about "well they're not as bad as" being a bad way to look at it. Who knew this industry would go from bad to worse to unbelievably terrible in such a short time? I guess the combination of offshoring, outsourcing, and technology has made us almost obsolete already. I just need a few years more, please, so I hope I can find something.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)