Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I am out, finished, done with this joke - of a job.

Posted: Jul 12th, 2018 - 1:46 pm

I have not been an MT for a long time like many of you (just 2 years with 3 companies) but I have reached my limit with the stress involved in working what I call amounts to a "stressful hobby" because we sure are not paid anywhere near what we are worth for the amount of knowledge we have to have to make an actual working income in this sh!**y, grossly underpaid sweat shop of a job. I will forever be advising against being an MT to every single housewife I meet. We are better off delivering pizza, because at least then we get exercise, tips, and discounts. ;)

It makes me wonder, why did I ever get college degrees and then later attend an MT trade school (Career Step School of Lies and False Advertising) to be paid immigrant wages when any idiot can walk into a McDonalds and be paid more and get benefits without a lick of education.

The more people I see throwing in the towel the more I say good for you. At least when I was in the military I was paid well for the stress and headache of being constanty picked apart for my efforts and had great benefits. MT pay is a complete insult to all of us with intelligence.

~Off my soapbox now.~

Best of luck to those of you who make this garbage work for you. I love ya for all the hard work that you do. Just know that you are worth so much more. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)