Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

On-site MT jobs - What I think

Posted: Jun 22nd, 2018 - 8:08 am In Reply to: What do you think? in-house MT jobs - Curious

My answer to that is that MTs who do all the work, not just pathology or "something" are extremely rare. I'm in a rural area/mid-sized town. We have a hospital and a large multispecialty clinic, MT was shut down a long time ago, even radiology transcription no longer exists where I work. I doubt that any metropolitan area hospitals have fully staffed MT departments. If you find an on-site job opportunity anywhere and are considering taking it, think of it as a temporary job because it probably won't be around for long, you will be used to help with a backlog or getting the work off the system until they convert to an EHR vendor or outsourcing. I'm sorry, but I've seen it happen too many times in my location to be optimistic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)