Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Not one of the previous posters on this thread, but - I would like to point out that...

Posted: Jun 19th, 2018 - 5:21 pm In Reply to: Sorry to disappoint you, but I am not a young thing. - Been at this for 25 plus years.

...looking for a job in your mid 50s is not like looking for a job in your 60s. I was let go from Nuance this past March. I am 62 years old. I've been in positions of having to look for jobs a few times in the past, but I have NEVER had anywhere NEAR as hard of a time finding a job as I am having now! I do not plan on retiring any time soon and have no major health problems. But when employers see you graduated from high school in the mid 70s (and yes right or wrong employers DO make it impossible to submit an application unless you answer that question) it puts a huge red STOP sign in front of them. Not saying ALL employers are like that, but the over 60 crowd is DEFINITELY behind the 8-ball when it comes to looking for a job, and when you say "just quit" it's like rubbing salt in an open wound.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)