Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Thank you - No longer a job seeker but interested

Posted: Jun 17th, 2018 - 5:11 pm In Reply to: I can help you with the Social Security part. - I was fired from Nuance

I will be 64 at the end of July and considered retiring at 62 but decided to hang in there. The last time I checked, if I went early I would only be able to draw 90% of my benefit, my full retirement age is 66-1/2 and I was thinking that I am going to need all I can get. I don't qualify for Medicare until 65 and I would lose my health insurance at my current employer, I'm also still making 401K contributions, it's hard to know what to do. I have some paperwork to complete so I'll know the exact numbers, I've been procrastinating. I was laid off when I was 58, started over in another department where I worked as an MT and it's been the job from hell, I'm there for the paycheck and not much else. I will probably need to find something else with part-time or limited hours as you did regardless of when I decide to go. Thanks for the help, I'll check out the websites. I agree, starting over in a new job at 62 might not be worth the headaches.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)