Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I can help you with the Social Security part. - I was fired from Nuance

Posted: Jun 17th, 2018 - 3:09 pm In Reply to: Need a new board - No longer a job seeker but interested

just before my 62nd birthday. I was not planning on taking early social security retirement, but after realizing that at age 62 they weren't exactly going to be standing in line to hire me I looked into it. I was a bit AFRAID to do it, because if you take it early your monthly benefit is reduced, however the theory is that you will collect it for a longer period of time. After asking and getting opinions from about 100 people, crunching my numbers, and MUCH thought and prayer I decided it was the right thing to do in my case. I can make up to $17,000.00 over and above my benefit without it affecting my benefit. I continue to look for a job but will get my first SS check in about a week and a half. Just go to the social security website below and you can get your questions answered. I also just googled "taking early social security" (or some such wording) and looked at advice from some well known financial sites, and even THEY convinced me that even though it's a calculated risk it probably would be a good thing for me to do in my circumstances.

https://www.ssa.gov/

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
  • Need a new board - for outlooking job seekers (Views: 650, 2018-06-16, 11:27 pm)
    • Need a new board - No longer a job seeker but interested (Views: 546, 2018-06-17, 11:32 am)
      • I can help you with the Social Security part. - I was fired from Nuance
        • Thank you - No longer a job seeker but interested (Views: 485, 2018-06-17, 5:11 pm)