Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Breaking into QA - Former QA

Posted: Jun 17th, 2018 - 10:42 am In Reply to: Breaking into QA - wondering

I broke into QA after the MT department where I work was outsourced. They had their own people supposedly but the error rate was still really high, I was the final set of eyes and ears. I did audits and then our facility billed based on the percentage of errors, weighted according to significance, we based our criteria on the Book of Style. I sent feedback to the company but never worked one on one with the MTs. After their speech engine was “trained,” we saw a big improvement. Transitioning from MT is not a big deal but you need to be able to provide documentation to back up your decisions when you cite an error. I really liked it because it put me in an educator role. I was paid hourly, I don’t know how many places pay like that anymore. The best thing to do is apply for openings when you see them advertised. You can always try it for a while to see if you like doing it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)