Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Need a new board - for outlooking job seekers

Posted: Jun 16th, 2018 - 11:27 pm

At this point, I don't think it would be a bad idea to have a new section for those of us seeking work and looking for support from others in the same boat. I got dumped by my employer two months shy of 20 years recently and have a lot of insights to share about my experience in the "outside world," and would be only too happy to help others create resumes, cover letters, and provide support through the frightening process of seeking employment at an older age. In the past 3 months I have been scammed, jerked around, lied to, led on, and provided good work for people with a history of not paying. But I have persevered and met amazingly nice people and learned a lot about navigating the job market. If I am lucky enough to get a decent job, I for one would consider it my responsibility to help my long-time colleagues do the same. In closing, I would like to tell my MT friends that historically it has typically taken six months of intensive searching to find a new job, which seems like forever to those of us who remember being in high demand and never being out of work for a day. And of course, most of us have nothing to fall back on in hard times. But the sooner you start, the sooner things will change. And a lot of employers are throwing up their hands at the youth market, who have "no work ethic." So, anybody agree this would be a good thing?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)