Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 40)

Please please - fingers crossed

Posted: Jun 16th, 2018 - 4:18 pm In Reply to: I heard there was to be a massive layoff again - this week

Can you say where you heard that? I have not heard that but it would be freaking great. Such a waste of a "job" sitting here waiting. They don't even think enough of us to lay us off, they just leave us hanging without a proper job and yet unable to move on.

Yes, I know I can quit. I have been searching in the real world and had already about 5 rejections or not hearing back. Also, there are absolutely no MT jobs which are employee and not IC except maybe Patient First. I live in a high minimum wage state, so I know my only option is IC anyway. I can accept I will have to be IC to continue as an MT, but since Nuance is my current employer I want them to lay me off before I do. It used to be that IC paid more, now it pays less, in addition to having to do all your own SS and taxes, so do the right thing, Nuance, and lay us all off so we can collect unemployment fully for awhile and get TAA benefits.

Anyone else having a hard time with partial UE? As far as job search, I plan to apply for some jobs, research different companies, and then I get like half an hour of work and that dribbles on and off for hours, maybe totaling 2 hours at the most, on weekends 4.

Very difficult to focus on getting a new job when your old one just keeps hanging around like a bad smell. My UE person told me working actually counts as a job search activity, so I'm holding them to that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)