Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I do both QA and MT. I started doing QA after about - ...

Posted: Jun 16th, 2018 - 1:42 pm In Reply to: Breaking into QA - wondering

10 years doing just MT. For me, my company offered a QA position after my scores stayed consistently high. I feel you need at least 8-10 years' experience in all specialities to be successful as a QA. Also, you have to be comfortable switching between (usually) a lot of accounts and different work types/dictators. You'd think for that QA would pay more than MT, but at least for me, it's about the same. Have to wade through too many different account specs.

Not sure it would prepare you for a proofreading position (I assume you mean general proofreading?). I know of an online school called ProofreadAnywhere that would probably be better for that. I think it is geared towards proofreading legal documents (though not sure). Good luck!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)