Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance Today's Top Viewed: Kerplunk.. it's over. sm.. (Views: 34)

You must be young, I used to have 3 jobs - but cannot do that anymore

Posted: Jun 15th, 2018 - 7:57 am In Reply to: Unfortunately never is the correct answer - anon

Please note that after a year or two of vainly struggling to keep up my lifestyle by working 1 full time and 2 part time jobs, I was really burnt out and had to quit all but Nuance (for all its faults, the familiarity and years I had with Nuance meant it was the most profitable for me - which isn't saying much).

Please know the best thing I ever did was go bankrupt. My TSM at the time explained she'd been through many MTs doing this and that it would get better for me. Of course this whole scenario is disgusting but it is what it is and that was true. Now I have no credit cards and that is a great thing to have gotten rid of. You just have to come up with the lawyer's fee and I nobly tried to save for it, but in retrospect I probably should have done it a lot quicker by charging up the credit card and paying him right away. It took quite a while to save that amount and it would have been better to have gotten it done faster.

It's still a struggle to pay the bills most months, but it is better than when I had a lot of credit card debt.

Very hard to find a position in the outside world now for me anyway. I suspect age, but I do wonder how employers think younger people are so great, have you worked with any young people lately? All the confidence in the world and really you have to wonder why. I apologize to you if you are young, I'm sure there are exceptions, my kids for example, but really it seems the work ethic has gone way down.

I am going to apply for a few jobs in Australia and see how that pans out. At least they wouldn't dock your pay for an error on the spot, and at least they do understand that a full time job doesn't mean they can leave you with no work for weeks. Inflation is going up here, so maybe the Australian dollar will creep up too.

Good luck to you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)