Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Any Minnesota peeps on here? - anon62

Posted: Jun 15th, 2018 - 4:50 am

I filed unemployment a couple weeks ago and finally got around to calling to discuss the TAA.  The woman at the unemployment office was knowledgeable and informed me that if you live in Minnesota and have not yet been laid off, you are still supposed to received that letter.  She also told me that retraining plan could be made and start being in effect before you are laid off, and your unemployment benefits would go through your retraining.  She encouraged me to not quit because that would be like closing the door.  She then told me that she was probably not the one to talk to (what?  she answered every question!) and gave me the number for the state office.

Now, the lady at the state office...she also asked me about the letter.  I told her that no, I had not received a letter.  Since the petition was not filed in Minnesota, she had to get with her colleagues and figure out how to get a hold of the list of workers from Minnesota and would get back to me hopefully by Monday.  

So, if you are a Nuance worker from Minnesota, I encourage you to call the TAA office! You could be retraining or have a plan before we are finally wiped out!

TAA numbers:  Metro area--651-259-7543  Greater MN  1-888-234-1330

Aware of some poor grammar.  Really long day.  Do not care.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)