Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Kerplunk.. it's over. sm.. (Views: 34)

I second this, plus a few more. - sm

Posted: Jun 8th, 2018 - 12:09 pm In Reply to: increased SRE productivity - IT user

I would add to this that you make your IT commands something that works for you. When our department was trained on VR shortcuts, the names they had given them were not very efficient. I renamed them in groups that made more sense to me. Whatever works for you.

I would also start slow with just a few and become proficient with them before adding others. Have a cheat sheet under your monitor to remind you.

What helped me tremendously though was this -- I named most of my VR shortcuts that could be executed with just my left hand. This left my right hand free to navigate the arrow keys to move through the document and not have to be repositioning my hands all the time. Saved time.

Sad to say though, no matter how many or how good you get at editing, chances are not great you will ever make as much as you did with straight typing. I know others here will disagree with me, but I worked at editing for several years and never was as productive as I was when I did just straight typing. But hey, you have a job doing something you love and are good at, so thats a win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)