Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I respectfully disagree. We may not be doctors - or nurses, but we still contribute...

Posted: Jun 7th, 2018 - 8:49 pm In Reply to: Our work - is

to the overall care of the patient. Remember that patient in 2012 who died because a nurse failed to catch or verify the insulin dose she saw in a dictation and mistakenly gave the patient too much insulin because the report said the patient was on 80 units and it should have been 8 (eight)? Of course a lot of people blamed it on the offshore transcriptionist for not catching the error and I don't think that was right....the nurse should have questioned that high of a dose. But the point I am trying to make is that when it comes to patient care we DO matter (even though the facilities don't seem to understand that). Fortunately there are checks and balances that SHOULD be followed, but we all know that a lot of times they are not. Do you think doctors read all of their reports? Yes, they should, but they DON'T.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)