Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Outrage - sm

Posted: May 21st, 2018 - 7:33 pm In Reply to: Out of the frying pan... - CharleyBoy

Just thinking about this exact thing this morning! Betting there is no other country that has so enthusiastically shipped off SO MANY jobs/factories/call centers/careers to other countries. It amounts to abandoning its citizens. I don't think I'm being too dramatic when I say that. It's not just MT. It's just that MT is MY profession and I feel it more painfully.

When does it end? When all the jobs are gone? In 20 years, will our kids even be able to find work? And if there is no work, does everyone leave the United States and follow the jobs?

There is no outrage because the people who are the most vocal and influential (i.e. $$$) are the ones profiting by offshoring right now. If we started offshoring a majority of the most high-paying and influential positions...CEO and upper management positions, doctors, lawyers, engineering positions, even politician positions...we would start hearing some outrage about it.

Until then, we are "helping struggling economies, people who need the work more than we do." (Says who, right?) But that is what I have heard, time again.

It's safe to say wealthier and more influential US citizens might not be quite so altruistic and globally generous if THEIR jobs were on the line.

To the OP, I don't know of any good companies or I would share. I think people are reluctant to post about these jobs, understandably, fearing a rush of applications I guess. The only good company I knew of was NEMT, and sadly, they sold out to Nuance awhile back. They had always been my back-up plan because I had worked for them years ago.

I can only suggest hanging out at the Main and Company Boards and learning from the MTs who are talking about the different companies. And if you find any local IC opportunities, why not apply? In my experience, the local companies who are still looking to hire local MTs tend to pay the best and treat people well. Good luck!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)