Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

AC to path - Alice

Posted: May 18th, 2018 - 8:06 pm In Reply to: Acute Care to Pathology - binid

I had never done path as well and was scared to death when I accepted a position in it. What I found out though is if you have had acute care that all you need to do is confirm what you don't know using Google Chrome, you can even see slides, etc. Just make sure it is an accredited site and not a blog.

There are two parts. First there are grosses which technicians usually dictate and if you use an EMR like Co-Path, you can look up the reqs, etc. for extra info. The second part is dictated by the pathologists themselves and again, if you know how to look up things you will be golden.

One tip is that a lot of the reports are short so we are paid per report which also covers your time putting it into the EMR.

Once you learn it, it will seem easy just like the rest of the reports. So I would say the "hard" factor is if you get an ESL dictator, but hopefully (if you do autopsies they will provide you with samples) as in most dictation they repeat a lot of things.

There are all different types, dermatopathology (is from dermatology offices) or GI (the path they dictate from an EGD or colonoscopy) and hospital grosses they are just describing things they have cut out, so a few tests that they do like ThinPrep or cytospin can all be looked up. I would say hematopathology might be a bit more difficult.

Doesn't hurt to try, I did that and am glad I did. Go for it! They say that the people that are successful are the ones that do what someone else will not, I like that!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)