Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

SOME DO FOLLOW THE RULES - Midnight Rider

Posted: May 8th, 2018 - 12:08 pm In Reply to: Does anyone follow the rules - stuck out of work

The SCA says:

Taken directly from the SCA: "How do service employees know what wage rate they are supposed to be paid?

On the date a service employee commences work on a SCA covered contract, the contractor or subcontractor is required by law to deliver to the employee or post a notice of the required compensation in a prominent place at the work site."

Notice the small word "or." It can be disclosed directly to the employee, which is what happened in my case. I was hired to work on a specific account and in my welcome letter that I received I was told what my hourly rate would be for said account.

I was also told:

We also have holiday pay for the 10 major federal holidays, paid vacation and a limited health plan for part-time employees, which is what I was.

In the same welcome letter,

"A full-time person who works 80 hours every two weeks will be paid 8 hours for each holiday and will accrue 2 weeks of paid vacation after one year of service with our company. The holiday pay starts right away, but it does take a year for the vacation time to vest."

Question: In this industry currently, what other MTSO provides a part-time person with any vacation at all??? I get 20 hours or more per year. Who pays for holidays, not even Christmas??? Who gives a part-time person any health benefits period??? I count my blessings!! I used to work for some of those MTSOs who paid cpl and no benefits at all!!!!!

I have always figured out in advance what my pay check is going to be by adding up all the different hourly rates for each account, and I have always been paid correctly, even a few dollars more than what I calculated!!

Concerning FRINGE BENEFIT RATE, this was clearly explained in conference calls set up for that purpose by the insurance company.

Corporate has a software program that they use to calculate hourly rates for each account times the number of hours reported and the totals.

I see NO breaking of SCA rules here at all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)