Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: I've thought about it, but.. (Views: 73)

S*X GOES TO THE HIGHEST BI$$ER - Midnight Rider

Posted: May 4th, 2018 - 11:01 pm

Now that I have got your attention!

I served for 6 years in the Air Force during the Vietnam era and have been gainfully employed the last 3 years by a veteran owned business with a VA government contract.  I absolutely LOVE my job.  It is by far the BEST transcription company I have ever worked for, and I have been doing this for over 30 years.  Seven months ago, we lost an account that I had been working on for 2 years, and now just recently we lost another 6...$*X accounts (4 of them were my accounts) to the same company, Transcriptions, Inc. (DBA Alpha Transcription.)  

I like to think I am an honorable person and believe in a "square deal" for everybody as long as there is a level playing field, which means that everybody plays by the same set of rules; however, that proves to NOT be the case.  

The awarded vendor in this situation was ONLY able to underbid because they do NOT pay their employees according to legal guidelines (giving them more playing dollars with which to underbid their opponents) set by the Department of Labor (DOL), which says:

Under the McNamara-O'Hara Service Contract Act (SCA) of 1965, all employees working on a contract in excess of $2500 must be paid an hourly rate, should also receive fringe benefits i.e. paid vacation, paid holidays, paid sick leave. The award came with a 5-year ceiling of $4,000,000.00.   I do believe that is in excess of $2500 x5 years!  

I am concerned because if my particular company loses any more contracts to said vendor (we have contracts due for bidding in September of this year) my company is going to have a hard time keeping its viability, and I am going to be an unemployed United States veteran!!!

According to DOL regulations, you can be an anonymous (they do not reveal your name) whistleblower who is a person who exposes any kind of information or activity that is deemed illegal, unethical, or not correct within an organization

I am requesting that if you work for Transcriptions, Inc. (DBA Alpha Transcription, you let the DOL know that you are NOT being paid an hourly rate according to DOL guidelines but are being paid 0.05 cpl editing, 0.08 cpl straight typing and that you receive NO fringe benefits even with your full-time status.

Here is the address:

Mail

Use the format below to send your mail correspondence to an agency's subject matter area for timelier assistance. This will prevent mail misdirection and slow inquiry response.

U.S. Department of Labor
Wage and Hour Division (WHD)
OFFICE S-3502
200 Constitution Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20210
1-866-4-USA-DOL
EMAIL:
https://www.dol.gov/whd/contact_us.htm.   Follow this link to send an email to the Wage and Hour Division or contact the office closest to you.  Just click on your particular state.   It even provides a form to fill out, Steps 1 to 10!  

The Wage and Hour division covers:

Government Contracts

Wage Determinations

Planning, Performance, Evaluation, and Communications

Policy

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)