Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Mine was eliminated a few years ago. The company - was going to spring it on us - sm

Posted: Apr 25th, 2018 - 2:15 pm In Reply to: "Job eliminated" - sm

at the end of the day on a Friday. We'd been doing VR editing for about 6 weeks, and everything was fine until one week when our work fell off drastically. We were literally sitting around reading the newspaper, doing crossword puzzles, or surfing the web, waiting for a job to trickle in at the rate of about 2 or 3 per HOUR.

I got suspicious and checked our company intranet, which had a feature where you could check to see when your direct deposit was pending, and how much it was. To my surprise, there were TWO deposits pending to my account: One in the regular amount, and a smaller one. I told everyone else to check their pending deposits, and sure enough, we ALL had two deposits pending, not just one. I'd seen this before, and told them we were about to be laid off. Many didn't believe it.

A co-worker called HR and asked what the double deposit was all about, and they claimed they "didn't know". The cat was obviously out of the bag short while later, we all got a call from management stating that our jobs had been "eliminated". Since we all knew the score, we didn't wait around until Friday to leave the company.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)