Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Sad but - True

Posted: Apr 24th, 2018 - 9:13 am In Reply to: Sad but true - sickened

I'm still here because guess what?!?! I didn't get hired at Wal-Mart, nor the hospital I used to work at and was begged to stay when I left to work for the crappy MTSO I work for now. It's not that easy to get another job in this day and age. I've applied for several reception jobs. I can answer a phone; greet people; enter patient info, charges, payments, etc. into the computer; file; type; etc., etc. just as well as anyone else (I was a secretary for the first years of my adult working life and I've done all of the things mentioned at another job after I got my transcription out of the way, plus more responsibilities. I can't live on what I make and am very angry over the decreased wages and all their stupid metrics and ways to gouge the MTs even more, but I have to have some kind of money coming in until I get lucky enough to find another job. Again, it's not as easy as saying I quit, going job hunting the next day and landing a job that very day. Some MTs have posted that they've been sending out resumes and job hunting for months and months and months.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)