Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Oh no. I DO think you deserve a living wage, better than living wage even - sm

Posted: Apr 23rd, 2018 - 4:59 pm In Reply to: Trash their employer, really? Maybe our - employer trashed us, ya think?

"You obviously don't think we deserve a living wage, you seem to feel we should be grateful to Nuance for our meager existence for some reason, and you seem bewildered why we're not."

I am bewildered. But I think you definitely deserve better than a living wage. There's no doubt about that.

I'm bewildered because people, by their actions, don't seem to agree. The industry has changed. To read this board it sounds like no one is paying a living wage anymore. You're obviously okay with that. Because, for whatever reason you've stuck it out. (Even though that means enriching the executives who did this to you.) I have no doubt that you will continue to stick with Nuance as the industry continues to deteriorate around you.

From my perspective, it's sad that you choose to continue this behavior.

To think about it another way... What would have happened if the majority of MTs left Nuance when that first decrease came through so many years ago? Then, what if a majority of those that remained quit when the next decrease came through? And so on.

You have your reasons for staying. Nuance has their reasons for acting the way they do. Isn't it possible that Nuance treats you so badly because you've stuck with them no matter what they do to you? If that's truly the case, does offering sympathy really help?

"Now they want gratitude for treating us like garbage, really? Destructive and sad alright, two words that completely define Nuance as an employer."

I don't disagree with this. However...

If your actions show that you want to be treated like garbage, and someone comes along and treats you like garbage, shouldn't you thank them? Aren't they giving you what you want?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)