Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 44)

I get that. What I don't get is... - sm

Posted: Apr 23rd, 2018 - 12:48 pm In Reply to: Nothing like somebody who wants to rub salt in an - open wound! We all make choices

I understand that people make certain decisions for all kinds of reasons and take all kinds of factors into account. I also understand that people make the best decision they can given the facts available to them at the time.

What I don't understand is why, given those facts, people would turn around and trash their employer.

As the responses to my post have shown, people have a variety of reasons to keep working for Nuance and only Nuance. Why would they agree with a post saying "Nuance basically stole their livelihood?" According to the responses here, from those who chose to stay, Nuance didn't steal anything. They GAVE you a livelihood. You could continue working for Nuance when you were too old, or too close to retirement, or had too many family responsibilities, or were too sick (or too whatever) to work anywhere else.

"Something's not right" with a world where the people who take jobs at the top of the org chart make more than those who take jobs at the bottom? Who would take a promotion when greater responsibility didn't equal greater reward?

The lack of personal responsibility. The perpetual victim mentality. That's what's sad.

It's easy and obvious to see the world through a "look what's been done to me" lens. It's also destructive and sad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)