Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Difficult reports - anon2

Posted: Apr 21st, 2018 - 4:50 am In Reply to: Sexual assault/rape kit reports - help. - sleepy mt

A friend used to work in the ER of a busy trauma center. She was a nurse and used to see all kinds of terrible things. She used to say that she had to practice "detached concern" all the time or she'd never be able to function while on duty when she was supposed to be helping patients stay alive and not die. I think we're bound to be affected by what we see and hear working in healthcare because we're human. Here, we listen to all kinds of stories. I had a report the other day where a baby was stillborn to a mom who had preeclampsia. I felt such profound sadness for a long while after that. Sometimes you just can't help it. I try to mainly focus on getting the details down as best I can and just hope the patient is getting the best possible care and support...

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)