Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Puzzling to me that Nuance is still doing - these outsourcing takeovers

Posted: Apr 20th, 2018 - 7:33 am In Reply to: Nuance taking over my job and trying to get me to sign on - Layoffs

After all, they're trying to offload us, their actual employees, by a combination of layoffs, starving our hours, encouraging us to go with contractors, so why not just cut out the middleman and assign them directly to the contractors? Or maybe they are already? Telling you you're working for Nuance when in reality you will be an IC for one of the smaller Nuance popup contractors?

Big difference from being an employee to being an IC. The only good thing is the pressure to make minimum wage will be off, the bad thing is you won't make minimum wage. Also, you have to take out your own SS, tax, etc., and you are getting paid quite a bit less and still have to comply with dumb FIESA and QA which will cut your meager pay even more.

Why hospitals (I presume you are with a hospital?) think it's okay to outsource to Nuance is a better question. They have to think very little of their employees to do that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)