Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Please also know you can apply for TAA - for retraining and other benefits

Posted: Apr 17th, 2018 - 10:19 pm In Reply to: Thank you, God! These little creeps finally fired me. - grannie

TAA is a DOL program to help workers like us, to wit:

"A group of workers may be eligible for TAA if their jobs are lost or threatened due to trade-related circumstances as determined by the DOL investigation."

We are in debt to whoever got this petition filed (I think it took 3 employees, presumably Nuance MTs or former Nuance MTs), but filed and certified it was at the end of March, so you certainly will be eligible.

You need to contact your local American Job Center to find out how to apply. They also help with health care tax credits, and you can train while you get UE and it can be extended for the length of your course.

I don't have firsthand knowledge of the process, but I expected to be laid off today so I have been schooling up on it. Definitely check it out.

The link below is the starter page, you can look up the Nuance petition number and certification and who to contact. I assume I will be doing this in a short while since I cannot believe they didn't lay us all off since they have given the work away to contractors anyway.

Good luck and I like your attitude!

LINK/URL: Please also know you can apply for TAA

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)