Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Or else we are all leaving? After all - the work did

Posted: Apr 17th, 2018 - 10:37 am In Reply to: 12:15 for - me

I think this time Nuance is really pulling the plug on having any MT employees - at least US ones.

They will probably still encourage us to "go with the vendors" and at least we will be free to go on UE and TAA. I have applied already and been accepted with UE since no work = no job, but now I will need to apply for TAA.

As regards health insurance, if you qualify for TAA you are eligible for HCTC (link to IRS page below). Definitely worth it to apply for TAA.

"The Health Coverage Tax Credit is a tax credit that pays 72.5 percent of qualified health insurance premiums for eligible individuals and their families. The HCTC acts as partial reimbursement for premiums paid for qualified health insurance coverage and can now be claimed for qualified coverage through 2019.

Eligibility

You may be eligible to elect the HCTC only if you are one of the following:

An eligible trade adjustment assistance recipient, alternative TAA recipient or reemployment TAA recipient,
An eligible Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation payee, or
The family member of an eligible TAA, ATAA, or RTAA recipient or PBGC payee who is deceased or who finalized a divorce with you.

You are not eligible for the HCTC if you:

Can be claimed as a dependent on another person’s federal income tax return or
Are enrolled in Medicare, Medicaid, the Children’s Health Insurance Program, or the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program or are eligible to receive benefits under the U.S. military health system (TRICARE)."

LINK/URL: Or else we are all leaving? After all

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)