Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance Today's Top Viewed: Soft Script.. (Views: 57)

When my former MTSO got sold to Nuance - since we were employees

Posted: Apr 15th, 2018 - 12:58 pm In Reply to: REJECT VENDOR OFFERS! Make Nuance or Modal - lay you off and go you get unemployment

We were forbidden to claim unemployment. We were told that the job would be essentially the same. In my case, the previous MTSO sweetened the offer with pay bumps for 6 months, then it became apparent it was not the same at all.

However, I think this kind of thing was pretty commonplace back when Nuance and MM first started acquiring smaller MTSOs, they just took them on as employees and I imagine some MTs, possibly those in hospitals, were able to get UE, but mostly not.

This, however, is a different animal. No way can they force you to work for a contractor, and in no way is it the same thing.

Nuance right now = a job, a pretty bad job, one with not enough hours and a pretty bad system to cut our pay when they feel like it (FIESA), BUT it is a job. We are employees.

If you go with a contractor, you are self employed. You have terminated yourself from an actual job. There is no way they can or should compel you to do that.

They need to lay us off properly since apparently they have decided to contract out all our work, not try to trick us. Don't be tricked.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)