Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Very well said - Epic and Dragon at my facility

Posted: Apr 14th, 2018 - 8:54 pm In Reply to: Waiting for the ax to fall - I use it

We had Epic go live and it cut our transcription by 70%. We were able to keep the inhouse MT's and get rid of the outsourcing. Fast forward a couple of years and they introduce Dragon over the course of a year and the transcription department just got rid of the first 4 people with another wave coming in the next couple of months. They've been running out of work for weeks. I moved to coding last year after a year plus of schooling, so I got out while the getting was good.

Get a plan B or plan C in action, folks. If Epic doesn't wipe out transcription, they'll discover just how good Dragon Medical is - and it is very, very good - and that will be the end of it.

It's not off shoring that's going to be the death knell of transcription for good, it's good old technology advances.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)