Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Yeah, but I have been working for them for years - and never has work been so low

Posted: Apr 14th, 2018 - 5:09 pm In Reply to: they have been doing this for years - not a secret

I have had accounts go too, but I still had some work left. Nor in the past has it been implied that my accounts went to vendors and why don't I.

I believe Nuance is getting completely out of the transcription business with these "partnerships" - they would be saving themselves a lot in terms of wages, benefits, etc.

Why should they get away with not laying us off, can anyone explain that to me?

If you have no/very low work like many of us, I would recommend filing for unemployment rather than "going with the vendors."

I think Nuance was not making much profit in India anymore so they decided to try to emulate working conditions in India and elsewhere and save themselves money and see if we noticed.

This way, for the accounts that demand the work be done in the US they can comply with that and yet still get away with squeezing every last penny out of us MTs, mainly by hoping we "go with the vendors" and not notice they are taking our job away. Also, by adding yet another level (the contractors) to the process we get to earn even less. Bad form.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)