Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Just Curious - Nora Smith

Posted: Apr 11th, 2018 - 6:56 pm

Is anyone bothered by the fact that these days the transcriptionsist has the full responsibility of correcting what the physician is saying if they think he or she said something incorrect?  I work for a transcription service and I am blamed for literally everything the doctor says wrong, or if they mumble through the entire dictation, or they have a foreign accent and say many English words wrong.  My education is a Medical Assistant Certificate for which I attended a year at a community college.  I had 6 weeks of transcription training.  I've been in the field for a long time, but I would not even begin to say I know what a physician knows, or have the education they have.  I was even told by my supervisor that if I didn't do every report absolutely correctly, that I was endangering a patient's life.  Not the physician who was dictating incorrectly, but me.  If I am responisible for making the physician look like they know what they are talking about, why don't I get paid more than 4 cents a line?  Not only am I expected to do everything correctly, but also crank out 2000 or more lines a day and if they get behind, type 24 hours a day to catch it up. All this work needs to be done perfectly, of course, or I get sent to some stupid training classes. This is yet another discouraging and frustrating aspect of medical transcription these days. It used to be a good job, now I want to do something else, maybe like working for Walmart or McDonalds where I would get paid MORE.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)