Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Kerplunk.. it's over. sm.. (Views: 52)

Is it just me or are there a new special kind - of stupid NPs and PAs dictating. sm

Posted: Apr 10th, 2018 - 3:55 pm

No punctuation at all to separate sentences or phrases.  No paragraphs.  Do not state headings.  Cannot say medication names or dosages.  I actually had one dictate prostatitis as a diagnosis on an elderly woman.  Honestly, when I hear them slaughter medications and medical words, I am very fearful of seeing one of these providers for my own health care.

You have to sit through them looking through papers or clicking on the computer, so that 30 minutes of dictation equates to just minimal lines.  I do straight typing and this is driving me crazy!  Some of the doctors have always been bad enough, but with the advent of Epic, Dragon, VR, etc. there seems to be a new breed of people who literally have no clue how to dictate.  I guess teaching this is obsolete now.

Rant over.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)