Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Partial Unemployment - Learning the Ropes :)

Posted: Apr 5th, 2018 - 12:08 pm In Reply to: Asking to be laid off? - Frustrated MT

I live in Texas, and this is the first time I ever applied as well. I have been told that unemployment law varies from state to state, so you will need to check with your state to be sure of the rules. In Texas, you are allowed to earn up to 25% of your maximum benefit amount and still receive the entire amount.

As an example (using nice round numbers for math's sake :) ).. Say you qualify for $400/week on unemployment. You can work and earn $100/week (25% more than the $400) and still collect the full $400 plus keep the $100 that you earned. Say you earn $150 in a week, you are allowed the $100, but they will subtract the extra $50 from your unemployment payment, and your unemployment will be $350 for that particular week. I file every 2 weeks, list the amount of money I have earned and number of hours that I have worked, and then I will receive payment accordingly.

I would advise you to apply ASAP.. I know it took mine about a month to be approved (which is typical), so there will almost surely be a bit of a lag before you start receiving your unemployment payments. I was able to apply right online - It was a fairly quick and easy process for me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)