Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 42)

Agree, personally - Disagree, sociologically

Posted: Mar 18th, 2018 - 9:49 am In Reply to: Grieving what MT once was. Been in it for 30 years, - and it has been a good friend,....

Everything changes.
The lineman that put up phone lines...out of jobs due to cell.
Grocery store cashiers replaced with self checkout.
Gas station attendants and mechanics replaced and now working for car dealer corporations (pretty close analogy, particularly when you look at what cannot be fixed, and is replaced as unit.)
Network TV jobs replaced by cable...equal opportunities, not quite from transmission end.
Newspapers virtually gone.
Books, physical books, going.
8 track, cassette, records, CDs disappearing.
Paper industry, jobs, must be affected by technology, kindle, ipad, computer, phone...along with all facets of paper production and availability.

Jobs change with innovation. We got caught in the middle

Dragon can get this done with slight reassignment of responsibilities...some are good at that, some are not. As older age out of medicine, younger are doing a better job of documentation, and hospitals have to demand it.

I was a 30 year MT...now a Cancer Registrar. My skills are used here. I find an error I bring it to the attention of appropriate owner...if it is important...but I find a lot of stupid errors...is it worth a million a year for the facility to prevent them...no.

LINK/URL: Agree, personally

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)