Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

It is disheartening, but - not down for the count yet

Posted: Mar 17th, 2018 - 2:09 am In Reply to: Grieving what MT once was. Been in it for 30 years, - and it has been a good friend,....

I'm not really convinced that MT will completely go away. I really think that in one form or another it will still exist for years to come, but, of course, not to the extent it has in years past. If you think about it, of all the alternatives out there being used to try to make our job obsolete, which ones are really proving successful? Which ones are the hospitals and doctors tripping over each other just to get on board with? I get jobs that refer the reader to Epic, so if Epic is so great, why isn't the entire report completed with it? I hear there's a lot of dissatisfaction coming from doctors who have to spend time away from their patients in order to take care of the medical record, too. A lot of them absolutely don't want to deal with it. My doctor doesn't like the system he works with, point and click, and would really like to have someone in office again to do the work, but he belongs to a large group that won't have it. But, maybe one day they will actually wake up and realize it's more cost efficient all the way around to have a person in office handling the medical record, i.e., patient narrative, etc., accurately and in a timely manner. And I'm not talking about the doctor having a scribe either! Too intrusive for the patient in office setting...

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)