Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Yes... - see msg

Posted: Mar 16th, 2018 - 1:51 pm In Reply to: Grieving what MT once was. Been in it for 30 years, - and it has been a good friend,....

Oh, yes. I balled my eyes out for a while, then picked myself up by the boot straps and moved on. Give yourself permission to do both as I did. It is extremely sad....I absolutely LOVED my job, but quit 6 years ago at the age of 57. Held onto my old Stedman's books for years, just because they reminded me of a really good period in my life of MT. I didn't hold onto them as a false sense of hope--they just kept reminding me of a really good time. I threw them out 2 weeks ago.

Yes, you do have to move on. I come on this board mostly just to read that I made a very good decision several years ago. I also post now and then to offer encouragement when people are struggling with moving on.

I am now fully retired, but did need that bridge until I qualified for SS benefits at age 62.

Best of luck to you! And CONGRATULATIONS that you've let go of hope that things are going to get better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)