Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

New MTs Today's Top Viewed: Soft Script.. (Views: 41)

No you don't - unless you like

Posted: Mar 12th, 2018 - 7:46 am In Reply to: I wish I was a nurse - Old MT

I did it for a long time--CNA, LPN, RN. I was good at it, and I liked the work. Over time, though, I saw changes in patients'/visitors attitudes. Got fed up w/ being mistreated by patients or their family members. Co-workers were assaulted. The cops were there more often than EMS! Visitors placed orders for themselves as if we were waitresses. I don't mean "guest trays" we offered (that were billed for). I mean putting the light on and saying "Bring me some coffee" or "Got any pudding?" Some of them would set up camp in the (tiny) room--lying on the patient's bed or the other one if was empty. I'd get upbraided for not giving the drug of choice. It wasn't ordered, but hey: "I didnt' get my XYZ." I couldn't just hand out meds not ordered--but they didn't want hear that. Patients weighing north of 400 pounds who'd be on the floor for months. Nothing on their chart merited acute care.

It wasn't every patient or every visitor; over the years it wore a little thin. Check the stats--it's gotten to be one of the more hazardous professions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)