Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I've always wondered if - it was the fact that

Posted: Feb 21st, 2018 - 10:30 pm In Reply to: My resume is what's wrong with me - MT

I've worked from home by myself for all these years that has scared off potential employers outside of MT. Whereas I've always looked at that as a plus and tried to sell it (I'm extremely disciplined, I don't need to be babysat, etc.), I wonder if some employers actually see that as negative. Maybe they think that being on my own for so long that I have poor social skills and can't work as a team, or maybe they think that I won't be able to take direction because I am used to working independently. Maybe they think I'll just plain go rogue on them, I don't know. In my search though, I've definitely been made to feel like damaged goods sometimes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)