Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Thank You - Twinsmom

Posted: Feb 21st, 2018 - 3:03 pm In Reply to: Twinsmom - Thank You

You're welcome. Most of them at least try. We have one super-nice doctor who has a horrible accent. He's not hard at all to understand when you talk face to face, but give him a SpeechMike or a dictaphone, and you can hardly understand him. He really tries, but that accent on tape or over a secure line is awful. And then you just have those who are jerks. When Joint Commission is in the building, they dictate like a dream, but the next day..... grrrrr...... Dr. PITA has basically said he's not going to change. I'd like to be a fly on the wall when doctors like that have to answer a subpoena and explain all the blanks and obvious errors in their documentation! (No, that's not nice but it's the truth!)

When our facility first went to MM, I talked to a lot of them about the importance of quality dictation and the effect it had on the MT, how MM is set up, how the doctor is solely responsible for the quality of his documentation, etc., and educated many of them on life for the transcriptionist. A lot of them were shocked, but medicine is set up for large groups now, not the individual provider, so they mostly shrugged it off because what can they do? The corporation chose MM, not the doctor. They are more concerned about having to stay until 8 or 9 pm each night finishing charting and answering patient calls, approving refills, etc., to worry about the outsourced MT pay structure unfortunately. I'm sorry.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)