Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Twinsmom - Thank You

Posted: Feb 21st, 2018 - 12:58 pm In Reply to: The good old days. - MTfor years

Thank you for trying!!! Every bit helps.

Sometime back in the beginning days of my time with MM, I asked about reporting a doc for dictating on his cell phone and was basically told "oh we can't tell them what to do." No, but the hospital who pays their salary sure could, but the administrators don't have a clue what is involved with transcription/editing and could care less.

I used to work for a well known teaching hospital and part of a resident's training was to learn how to dictate (equipment and proper dictation techniques). We awarded plaques for dictator of the month and believe it or not, they wanted that award! Of course, there were the few, usually attendings, who were HORRIBLE, but most dictators tried and it helped to be working inhouse so that they knew there were actual humans on the other end!!

Definitely good ole' days!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)