Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I think at the time it was helpful more towards - MTfor years

Posted: Feb 19th, 2018 - 5:21 pm In Reply to: you are using past tense for your scoping stuff - did it not work out nm

schooling than anything else. I had a husband at the time, so there was no urgency to earn a large salary from it. I moved out of state, finished the schooling and took my boards in the State of California, which was one of the hardest to pass. I did awful and the rule was I would have had to wait six months before I could apply again. I didn't want to waste six months, so as a lark I started applying for medical transcription jobs. I tested well and I found myself going in that direction.

We moved to another state and I found a reporter and I was quite busy. Then she decided that she wanted to scope her own work and save money.

The trick to scoping is you really need a base of two to three reporters who are constantly busy so that the work keeps flowing. The software isn't cheap and you have to pay for licensing every year. I knew of scopists who were earning $30,000-$40,000 a year and that was back in 1992. I don't know what they earn now.

There was still the challenge of listening to the recorded deposition and attorneys and the witnesses talking over each other...sound familiar?

If I didn't need a regular income, I would probably go back to scoping or legal work.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)