Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 77)

Radiology - My experience

Posted: Feb 15th, 2018 - 6:47 pm In Reply to: RADIOLOGY - J sin

I had some acute care background as well as years of multi-specialty outpatient experience before I switched to radiology. You can learn the terminology, but I would not say it is easy. The reports you saw were probably routine chest films or maybe some orthopedic reports but there are also a lot of special procedures, MRIs and CT scans and you need to know the names of a lot of imaging equipment and contrast media. When I worked in rad it was very fast paced with very short turnaround times and a lot of stat requests. You may be working alone with no one to ask for help. All of these things can make the job challenging. I’m not sure how much experience is “tons,” they do usually hire people with more than just a year or two of work experience. If you weren’t turned down, you could apply and might get an interview. They will probably want you to test and then you will know for sure if you can do it. Good luck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)