Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

You made good points. - MTfor years

Posted: Feb 11th, 2018 - 4:24 pm In Reply to: The choice is made for me every time - MT

I can relate. I can only maintain a high rate of speed of typing for about three to four hours and then the brain starts losing gas and then the brain/hand coordination suffers to where I have to fix typos every other word. I am tired by 8:00 p.m. but I am not ready for sleep. I need brain rest.

A lot of that problem is due to the intense focus and straining to listen that we now have to exert to perform at expected levels.

I never felt this way when I first started transcription. I was enjoying the job because the doctors weren't rushed and we had maybe less than 1% foreigners in the hospital. I was able to keep a comfortable pace and not burn out after eight hours.

Now when I'm exhausted I have to dig deep to find energy to type until 1 p.m. with the second job.

It is physically and mentally demanding trying to earn this living the way conditions are now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)