Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

That is a terrible experience. - My first pissed moment.

Posted: Feb 10th, 2018 - 9:39 am In Reply to: I had a terrible experience with that - MT

Thanks for answering my question.

I noticed that when I would pause the program choosing the "user will restart", that the pause would only last for a few hours, and then their server would notice that it wasn't active, send a message and boom, the darn thing was set to "on". I have tried multiple times to look for a pattern. No matter what time or day, they took control.

I wanted it paused because I have a second and third job, and it seemed to slow things down. I wanted to test my theory of it sucking the life out of my computer memory/processing.

I had attempted and failed to delete the program, because they locked it with admin password on their side, but I went one step further. I did a system restore to a point before they installed the software. Lo and behold Kaspersky disappeared.

The tech told me that they pay for renewals for the virus program, plus they pay for everyone's personal word expander licence...."because we work for them". I guess they assumed it was a perk? They never asked my permission to have monitoring access to my computer.

I was subcontracting, not an employee. I was not going to submit nor risk my lifeblood, which is my expensive laptop, to them or anyone. I have kept it virus free well enough on my own.

I did't realize that it is a spyware program. I even asked the tech if they snoop around on my computer with it. "No, we don't." My eye, they don't.

Anyway, I want others to understand what is going on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)