Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

What's Eating the Docs - Cindy

Posted: Feb 3rd, 2018 - 9:03 am In Reply to: My take on eating and dictating - no name

I must agree with No Name. I think the docs eat and dictate on the run because they're super busy, not super rude. With all due respect, a good MT can generally figure out what they're saying. If the MT cannot, then he/she needs to send the dictator a clarification marker. I think we're much better off if we process this sort of thing logically without an emotional overlay. How in the world can we assume the attitude of a dictator when we don't know them? Docs and MTs have much in common; changes in the healthcare delivery system have rocked our respective worlds; there is no need to fight each other. They're the good guys. Look at it from their side. Hospitals send dictation to services that pay very low rates (either here or abroad) and the work product is oftentimes pretty awful. The doctor gets the work back and has to spend time carefully reading it and editing it. The doc says, "Geez, can't they just do their jobs! What's happened? There used to be transcriptionists who gave a damn!" The doc signs up for front-end speech because he/she figures if he/she has to edit it anyway, might as well do it real-time when the case is fresh in his/her mind. He/she has no idea that there is a skilled transcriptionist out there who would love to do his/her work but isn't willing to do it for below minimum wage. In a nutshell, all of this is a little more complicated than it appears on the surface. In my experience, if you can every find a situation in which you deal directly with the doc, that's heaven. They're usually happy as a pig in slop if they can get accurate, timely transcription.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)