Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

leaving MT - anon

Posted: Jan 22nd, 2018 - 3:20 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone who has left MT has gone into court recording? I am not talking about court reporting but court recording. 

I left my crappy old job a while back and have been looking for 2-3 months now without much luck, even tho I have 20+ years of MTing. In searching for a similar but slightly different way to use my talents that pays better, I came across court recording, which is recording hearings or depositions and typing time stamps at important intervals throughout the proceedings.

A company called me back today (after passing a typing test) and offered training and a job, and I was just wondering if it is as easy as they make it sound? If you got involved in court recording, how was the transition? They say I will only need 3 days of training to be on my own, which sounds a little scary. What was your training like?  

TIA

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
  • leaving MT - anon (Views: 1655, 2018-01-22, 3:20 pm)