Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Word Help Board

Not silly - CEMT

Posted: Jan 19th, 2018 - 8:34 pm In Reply to: Grave - Debbie

There are a thousand rules to this profession.

So Cindy has it right. Graves' disease was correct for years, and many doctors still want it that way (if that's what they want, that's what they can have unless you work for a bossy company who tells you otherwise). :)

But unfortunately for those docs, the trend is to leave off the apostrophe. So you type Graves disease. Sounds the same, no apostrophe because for some reason we now dislike apostrophes. For some of us, this is somewhat annoying, but far be it from me to interfere with progress. :)

Cindy is right, in no case is Grave's ever correct.

To delve even deeper, if you are typing something like Lachman sign ("Lachman sign is negative,") there is no "s." If Lachman stands alone, you add the "s" back: "Lachman's is negative." Because if anything, things should be confusing!

Persnickety is an understatement, ha ha.

You know what bugs me, though? Crohn disease.

In no way will I ever be comfortable typing Crohn disease. It sounds weird. No one says it. I hate typing it, no one cares, just saying. Because there is an apostrophe thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)